Top 5 reasons to keep your IT Maintenance up to date.
If you run or own a business, it’s important to make sure that your business computers are regularly updated, maintained, and patched. Routine maintenance should be a key part of your IT strategy. Why? Here are just 5 of the reasons that you need to take the time to make sure that both your computer software and hardware are maintained properly.
1. Avoid Data Loss Computers don’t usually fail for “no reason.” Often, an issue like a failing hard drive or another damaged component can be found and addressed ahead of time. Then, the defective component can be repaired or replaced, or your employee can switch to a new machine. This prevents data loss, which is almost always avoidable. Regular data backups are also a key part of any routine maintenance strategy, and can help improve your data redundancy.
2. Prevent Potential Hacks And Data Breaches Many hacks and data breaches are caused by improperly patched software, or software systems that have not been properly updated. Updating your computer’s software and operating system regularly is an important step in preventing hacks and data breaches. This will patch common vulnerabilities that are often exploited by hackers and viruses.
3. Improve System Speed & Performance This is one of the biggest benefits of regular system maintenance. By doing things like removing unnecessary software, patching your systems, and optimising system performance, you can improve the overall speed of your computers. This helps enhance overall employee productivity, and ensures that your business can continue to function at peak performance.
4. Eliminate Unexpected Downtime When a computer fails during the workday, you’re not just stuck with the expense of replacing it and getting your employee back to work – you also lose quite a bit of productivity while your employee is setting up a new computer or waiting for their computer to get fixed.
Most common computer issues are preventable with routine maintenance. That means that you won’t be faced with as many instances of unexpected downtime. In turn, this enhances the overall productivity of your workforce and your business.
5. Be Proactive Against Malware & Viruses The viruses and malware that are being used to infect computers are always changing, but routine maintenance allows you to update your antivirus software, scan for potential infections, and take other steps to stay a step ahead and protect your data.
In turn, this can save you quite a bit of money – given the high cost of being attacked by malware such as ransomware, which encrypts your files and makes them irrecoverable unless you pay a “ransom” for their recovery.
Keep Your Computers Up To Date – And Enjoy These Benefits!
Regular updates and maintenance of your business computers can have a variety of benefits, and allow you to avoid things like poor performance, computer downtime, and attacks from malware and viruses.
Need help with computer maintenance? ION Networks can help with our suite of business computer services.
Contact us now to learn more.